AKC Canine Good Citizen Certification
The purpose of the Canine Good Citizen Program is to make sure that our favorite companion, the dog, is a respected member of the Charlotte community because it’s been trained to be well behaved in the home, in public areas and in the existence of different dogs. All breeds are welcomed by the CGC Program. The CGC Test is non-competitive and canines are not required to perform as precisely required in formal dog obedience.
CGC Test Composition
What will the CGC evaluation consist of for your dog to get AKC Canine Citizen Certification?
The dog should pass 10 test exercises on the checklist below:
- Test One: Acknowledging a stranger
- Test Two: Sitting down politely for petting
- Test Three: Overall look and grooming
- Test Four: Walks (on a loose leash)
- Test Five: Strolling through a crowd
- Test Six: Seated & down on command and remaining in place
- Test Seven: When called, the dog comes
- Test Eight: Reacting appropriately to another dog
- Test Nine: Reacting appropriately to distraction
- Test Ten: Managed separation
Dogs, involving purebreds and blended breeds, that succeed at all 10 components of the AKC Canine Good Citizen Certification test, are stated in the CGC records at AKC. Canine owners that complete all 10 components of the CGC evaluation may order the official CGC certificate through the AKC.
A dog that gets AKC Canine Good Citizen Certification is prone to be considered as a service dog. Even if they don’t become a service dog, they receive recognition for their efforts and the skills they have mastered.
If you want more information concerning the AKC Canine Good Citizen Certification program, simply give us a call now at (704) 286 1135 or Click here to contact us through our website!
Talk to our expert dog trainers. To get started we do a 1-on-1 dog training consultation where we meet with you and your dog to find the best solution. The methods used are ones we determine at the consultation.