About Charlotte, NC
Charlotte North Carolina is a special gem and is a place that stands out from the rest on the map.
Charlotte is a melting pot with a diverse group of residents and a bright history. The people here bring many talents with them – from talented artists to successful athletes, to some of the most creative chefs. There’s a mix of night owls, early risers, those with different cultures and different languages which makes it easy for this city to accept anyone who enters its borders.
There is so much to do and so many different foods to taste. Try a local restaurant or order a plate from one of the many food trucks that lines the busy streets of the city. If you like artwork, there’s no better place than Charlotte’s very own museums. Need something a little more entertaining? No problem! Simply take in a Broadway show in Uptown. Some great shows that will leave a lasting impression. If you need even more excitement – Charlotte NC invites you to get behind the wheel of a race car in Concord. Whatever you enjoy this city has it all!
Charlotte is the largest city in North Carolina and one of the 25 largest cities in the U.S.
Charlotte is named in honor of Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, the queen consort of British King George III during the time of the city’s founding. That’s why Charlotte is nicknamed the Queen city.
About 875,000 people make up Charlotte’s ever-growing population. For that reason, Charlotte is focused on neighborhood and housing development, transportation, community safety, the environment, and economic development. The city is also equipped with cultural centers, quality health care facilities plus several higher learning organizations. Charlotte has some great services to take advantage of – so if, for example, you need dog training or puppy training in Charlotte NC, we have some awesome trainers including Sally Said So!
Check out some of the best reasons to be in the Queen City. Did you know? Charlotte …
- Ranks 1st among top 10 cities with the best employee engagement (Forbes)
- Ranks 2nd among 25 largest cities for most desirable place to purchase a home (Nerdwallet.com)
- Ranks 2nd in the best areas for job-seeking college graduates (Careerbliss.com)
- Is the 5th fastest growing metro from 2000-2012 of the 52 largest metro areas (US Census)
- Ranks 6th among top 10 hot cities for IT jobs in 2013 (Modis, Inc.)
- Ranks 7th among the top Spring Break destinations for families (Livability.com)
- Is one of the top 10 cities for newlyweds to live and work (Rent.com)
- Ranks 8th among the top 10 big booming cities (CNNmoney.com)
- Ranks 9th among top 50 cities with the most job openings per capita (Beyond.com)
- Is among the top 20 best cities for businesses and careers (Forbes.com)
- Ranks 9th among the top moving destinations of all cities (Penske Truck Rental)
- Is the 17th largest city in the U.S. in total population
- Is a top 10 city for urban forests (American Forests)
- Has been named “Tree City” for 33 consecutive years by the National Arbor Day foundation
- Is home of ImaginOn, the top ranked children’s museum in the country (Livability.com)
Talk to our expert dog trainers. To get started we do a 1-on-1 dog training consultation where we meet with you and your dog to find the best solution. The methods used are ones we determine at the consultation.